Amahi disk-wizard plugin simply allow its users to create,edit manipulate their storage devices as the prefer, v 0.3 is the first(alpha) release of the plugin. In this post i will go through the basic functionalities of the plugin and explain little bit about its architecture and how its work.
Amahi plugins are kind of Rails engine which initialize with the initialization of amahi platform,the concept is one folder for one plugin and that folder(self contained) will contain all the resources which need to run the plugin.
Disk-wizard plugin has three layers of abstraction, where each layer provide unique functionality to its preceding and succeeding layers.
pidof the process and its status in variables for future use.if the user wants to kill any process start by the disk wizard plugin they can use that PID attribute to call the kill method.
Format and mount a partition to HDA
V 0.3 Known issues:
Can’t format partition/device to NTFS file system type due to fedora does not come with ntfs module Unmounting partition which is in use.
- Remove an entry from /etc/fstab when unmounting or deleting a partition
- Back action issue in 3rd step (“What to do ?”) in the wizard
- Debug mode exceptions when try to format entire disk in new devices.
In second step(file system selection) of the wizard. last column which contains the format checkbox is inactive for row selection.Even when click on that column it won’t select that row. After completion if not mount option selected show only format details.
- Multiple “Are you sure?” alerts in Confirmation step
- Removable devices get automatically mounted on /media/ trying to mount them manually raise an exception saying “Device is busy”.( reference)
- When running mkfs.vfat give an error “mkfs.vfat: invalid option — ‘q’“
- Add tail -n 10 /etc/fstab to debug info script